THE ESSENCE OF GOOD INTERIOR DESIGN IS ABOUT PEOPLE AND HOW THEY LIVE
Instead of thinking about how you want your home to look stylistically, think about how you want to FEEL in your home?
- Does my home truly reflect who I am? How someone feels in their home is very individual, so it should feel right for you and your family. Don’t feel pressured to have what’s ‘in fashion’, go for what YOU like.
- Are all my needs being met physically and emotionally? Think about what you do when you wake-up, after dinner or once you’ve finished work for the day. Is everything you need easy to access or find? Are rooms bright enough? What colours bring you joy? Getting these things right make your home ‘the best’, not designer labels or unnecessarily expensive goods.
- How do I really want to live? Is your home casual? Formal? Cozy? Are you utilising the correct rooms for your lifestyle? Do you want your home to feel more spacious? Is there somewhere for hobbies? Are you desperate to get organised and tidy?
- If you were the only person you had to impress, how would you decorate your home? A good question, but often quite hard to answer. But this is how you should approach designing your home. It shouldn’t be about others, it’s about you. Make it what you want, and you will enjoy it more.
Drawing upon 28 years of experience, I will work with you to develop a living space suited to your household’s lifestyle, with emphasis on creating a home, not a show home. You may have existing pieces that you want included – an inherited rug or a much loved sofa – or a heap of ideas of your own but just don’t know whether to begin.
My approach with customers is down-to earth, providing anything from a simple colour consultation for one room to redesigning an entire property. What I won’t do is impose my own taste upon you as I want the finished result to reflect your taste and personality.
I have trade accounts with familiar brands such as Walcot House, Clarke & Clarke, Prestigious Textiles, Wemyss, Sanderson, Harlequin, Andrew Martin, Ashley Wilde, Cole & Son, Romo, Villa Nova, Colefax and Fowler, Jane Churchill, Nina Campbell, Osborne & Little, Designers Guild, Today Interiors, GP & J Baker, Mulberry and many more.
Free initial consultation
An initial 60 minute meeting in your home is free. This would be between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday, anywhere on the Isle of Wight.
Evening or weekend consultations are £45 per hour.
At this first meeting I will discuss your requirements, go through your likes and dislikes and discuss what budget you have in mind. Some preparation from you beforehand will maximise the time we have together.
If you have lots of changes to make to your home but you want minimal disruption, we can go forward on a room-by-room basis. Or perhaps you just want to try me out on one room before going further.
Design fees (from £125)
Following on from our initial meeting, for an agreed fee I will prepare your design scheme and make a return visit to present it to you. This might include samples of fabrics, paints & wallpapers, as well as images of furniture and finishing touches such as lighting, cushions & artwork.
My fees are…
- One room £150
- Each room thereafter £125
- Whole house (4 – 6 rooms) £500
There are no extra charges for additional meetings for a particular room, as I want us to work together until we both agree on the perfect look. Depending on the overall cost of the project, some or all of the design fee will be deducted if you proceed. So a £1500 project would result in a full rebate of a £150 design fee or a £750 spend would result in a £75 rebate.
Once you’re happy with the design, I will take detailed measurements of the relevant windows and living spaces to then prepare your written quotation.
House doctoring (£55 per hour)
If you’re thinking of selling your house but need to improve its overall appeal, I can provide a house doctoring service, whereby I visit your home and advise on how best to present it, inside and out.
There will be no additional charge for my travel time if the property is on the Isle of Wight.
After my visit, I will put my suggestions in writing for you. You are free to implement these yourself, or I can help with this.
Until the situation improves, I will ask that we conduct initial consultations via Zoom or WhatsApp. I have done this recently for clients and it has proved to be very productive. When safe to do so, I am happy to meet you in your home, but I will ask that you wear a mask at all times. I will do the same. I will use hand sanitiser on arrival, and will naturally wish to remain at a safe distance of 2 metres from you.